Under Practice Matters, the Branch’s mandate is to secure for all categories of legal practitioners in Nairobi and Kiambu Regions, an enabling and responsive practice environment to further the professional success of lawyers.This includes creating favourable practicing conditions for litigants/court practitioners, commercial lawyers, in-house counsel, lawyers in academia or public sector employees.
Ensuring proper practice infrastructure for the profession is also within this mandate and includes good laws, appropriate regulations, high participation of lawyers in law-making processes and efficient administration and a support framework for lawyers in all statutory implementation programs.
The Branch seeks to achieve the following:
- Efficient Courts, Registries and all public institutions/offices where lawyers undertake practice/receive services.
- Improving the legal operating environment: the legislative backdrop of practice
- Quality and effective continuous professional development
- Expanding practice areas
- Professional support for all lawyers
- Addressing unique practice challenges affecting Litigation and Conveyancing practice
The Branch seeks to direct special focus on improving the conditions and standards of lawyers in their professional and personal lives for the benefit of the entire society and the overall administration of justice.
In this regard, the Branch has identified the following targets
- Ensuring Ethics & Compliance.
- Personal Counselling& Mentorship.
- Advocacy for Better Remuneration
- Group Benefits.
- A united Bar
The Branch undertakes to pursue innovative approaches to member participation.
On this limb, Nairobi Branch shall set up the following avenues to enhance the resolution of practice challenges and the enrichment of member engagement:
- Mini-Bar associations
- Interest groups
- Regular and effective publications & communication
- Well-designed professional forums
- Relationship building and networking with other Branches of the LSK and cross-border Law Societies and Bar Associations in liaison with the national office of LSK