DEVOLUTION AND LAW REFORM COMMITTEE
The Committee was formed to handle Law Reform.
It is currently arranging to meet and review its Objects, Terms of Reference, workplan and calendars.
Members are Charged with review of the following bills:
- The Legal Practitioners Bill
- The Advocates Act 2015
- New Commercial Laws
- Land Value Index Laws Amendment Bill
- Kiambu County Trade License Bill
- The Committee has noted that there is need for enhanced engagement of the Branch and lawyers generally in pre- and post-drafting consultations on legislation.
- The Committee has aslo noted the importance of structured public participation as an obligation of parliament through continual invitation and consultation of the LSK generally and the Branch in particular in the legislative process.